PDO Mono Threads Gold Coast and Brisbane
The MINT threads stimulate the production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid wherever in the skin they are placed – this results in firmer skin. The treatment can be an excellent option for those who prefer non-surgical methods.
PDO Threads treatment is suitable for anyone who has started to notice the signs of ageing. It is particularly popular with our clients in their 30s through to 50s, who either want to avoid undergoing a surgical thread lift or seek a more subtle result.
Before any treatment, you will have a complimentary consultation to discuss your concerns, treatment suitability and aesthetic goals.
Esteem Clinic takes pride in using high-quality technology and techniques for enhanced treatment results. We have over 25 years of experience, which has given us a deep understanding of each patient’s unique needs and goals. You can undergo treatment with PDO threads at our Gold Coast, Brisbane or Ipswich clinics.
In the Spotlight
How PDO threads work
Once placed, the threads activate collagen production to tighten the skin gradually. This action provides the skin with a tighter feel. Typically, around 10 to 30 PDO threads treat a single area, but this will depend on your personal needs.
PDO threads can be used to treat multiple areas, such as:
- Necklines and skin laxity
- Lower face and jowls
- Under the eyes
- In between and around the eyes
- Around the mouth and peri-oral lines
You may be able to treat multiple areas at the same time. You can discuss this option during your consultation if this is your goal.
Your PDO thread treatment consultation
Before your treatment, you will visit your preferred clinic location (Gold Coast, Brisbane or Ipswich) for a consultation.
During your consultation, we’ll review some critical aspects of the treatment to prepare, determine your suitability and provide all the necessary information.
Your dermal therapist will inquire about your specific concerns, expectations, and desired outcomes from the PDO threads treatment. Understanding your goals will help them tailor the procedure to meet your needs.
Treatment plan and cost
Based on your concerns and the assessment of your skin, your therapist will develop a customised treatment plan. They will explain the number of PDO threads required, the estimated number of sessions, and the associated costs. This allows you to understand the treatment timeline and financial implications clearly.
Your therapist will ask you about your medical history, including any past or present medical conditions, allergies, previous treatments, surgeries, or medications you are currently taking. This information is essential to assess your suitability for PDO thread treatment.
A thorough examination of your skin will evaluate its condition, elasticity, and any areas of concern. This assessment helps your therapist determine the appropriate treatment plan and the specific areas that would benefit from PDO thread insertion.
Your therapist will explain the PDO thread treatment procedure, including how the threads are inserted into the skin and their expected effects on lifting and tightening. They will also discuss the potential sensations you may experience during and after the procedure, such as mild discomfort or swelling.
Your therapist will outline the instructions to promote optimal healing and results. This may involve avoiding strenuous activities, applying cold compresses, and following a gentle skincare routine. They will also discuss potential side effects and when to seek medical attention.
Questions and concerns
Throughout the consultation, your therapist will encourage you to ask questions or express any concerns about the PDO thread treatment. They will provide clear, comprehensive answers to ensure you feel comfortable and well-informed.
Costs of PDO threads in Esteem Gold Coast and Brisbane
During your consultation, the estimation of your treatment costs will be based on your personalised treatment plan, tailored explicitly for PDO thread procedures.
Several factors will contribute to determining your costs:
The specific area/s on your face or body where the PDO threads will be applied will impact the overall cost. Treating larger or multiple areas may require a higher quantity of PDO threads.
Your ideal results will impact the quantity of PDO threads needed and the number of treatment sessions required, influencing the overall cost.
Maintenance and follow-up
PDO thread treatments typically provide temporary results, and the longevity of the effects varies from person to person. Maintenance treatments or follow-up sessions may be necessary, incurring additional costs.
To obtain a detailed breakdown of your personalised procedure costs, you will need to visit our clinic for a consultation where you can discuss the specifics of your treatment plan.
Consultations are available at our Gold Coast, Brisbane, or Ipswich locations.
After your treatment, you will notice some swelling and bruising in the treated areas. It may feel tender around the sutures for up to a week after the procedure. Post-treatment care can reduce these side effects and help them resolve faster.
Your aftercare instructions may include the following steps:
- You should use cool packs in two to four-hour intervals after treatment for the first 24 to 48 hours
- Use our recommended creams
- You can take pain relief every four to six hours if needed. We also recommend taking an antihistamine to help reduce inflammation.
- We recommend you sleep with an extra pillow, having your head slightly more elevated for three to five nights.
- Be gentle when washing and shaving your treated area.
- For the first two weeks, avoid UV exposure, contact sports, dentists, saunas and being overly expressive with your face.
- Avoid significant massaging of your face/treated area for four weeks.
If you have any questions or concerns about PDO threads, please call Esteem Clinic on 1300 693 783
Risks and complications
- Swelling and bruising: Some degree of swelling and bruising is common after PDO thread insertion. This usually subsides within a few days to a week but can vary depending on the individual.
- Infection: As with any procedure that involves puncturing the skin, there is a risk of infection. Following proper sterilisation and hygiene protocols during the process minimises this risk. Signs of infection include increased redness, warmth, pain, and pus formation at the insertion sites.
- Thread migration or extrusion: The PDO threads may sometimes move from their intended position or become visible under the skin. This can result in irregularities or discomfort.
- Nerve injury: There is a small risk of nerve injury during the procedure, especially in areas with dense nerve distribution. This can lead to temporary or, rarely, permanent numbness or altered sensation in the treated area.
- Granuloma formation: Granulomas are small nodules that can develop as a foreign body reaction to the threads. They typically appear as firm bumps under the skin and may require medical intervention for resolution.
- Thread breakage: Although PDO threads are designed to be durable, there is a slight possibility of thread breakage. This can result in incomplete lifting or require additional procedures for correction.
When will my results show?
Who is not suitable for PDO threads?
Do PDO threads hurt?
Can I treat more than one area at the same time?
Awards and Recognition
Esteem has been awarded Best Aesthetic Practice Queensland for three consecutive years, by the prestigious “My Face My Body Awards”. In 2018, Esteem was extremely proud to have been recognised as the Best Aesthetic Practice in Australia. Esteem was also honoured to have been entered into the “My Face My Body” Hall of Fame in 2018. These prestigious industry awards are testiment to the group’s ongoing commitment to delivering advanced aesthetic techniques and the latest in anti-ageing technology.