Microdermabrasion Gold Coast & Brisbane
Regular microdermabrasion treatments can improve your skin’s tone and texture. They will also keep any breakouts at bay and help ensure your at-home skin care products are absorbed to their maximum efficiency.
At our patient-centred clinic, we understand and appreciate the uniqueness of each face, as well as the individual aesthetic aspirations of our clients. Our team comprises exceptional dermal therapists and skin specialists with extensive qualifications and experience in their respective fields. Prior to any procedure, we offer a complimentary consultation where we take the time to understand your concerns, assess the suitability of the treatment, and align our approach with your aesthetic goals.
In the Spotlight
How it works
Microdermabrasion exfoliates the top epidermal layer of the skin via a handheld device that contains micro-crystals. This device gently resurfaces the skin by shedding dead cells and stimulating new ones.
Microdermabrasion treatment can be used to exfoliate the face, neck and décolletage.
Before your treatment, you will have a thorough consultation to assess your skin, discuss microdermabrasion in further detail, create a personalised treatment plan and get clear on your preparation instructions.
Assessment of skin concerns
Your consultation will begin with a discussion about your skin concerns and goals. You can express any specific issues you want to address, such as uneven skin texture, acne scars, or fine lines. Your dermal therapist may ask relevant questions to understand your skin’s condition comprehensively.
Our team members will perform a thorough analysis of your skin. This may involve examining your skin type, texture, elasticity, tone, and any existing skin conditions. They may use tools or equipment to assess your skin more accurately and identify areas that require attention.
Medical history and lifestyle assessment
You will be asked about your medical history, including any allergies, previous skin treatments, or existing skin conditions. It is important to disclose any medications you are taking or any recent procedures you have undergone. We may also inquire about your lifestyle habits, such as sun exposure, smoking, or skincare routines, to better understand how these factors may impact your skin health and to tailor your aftercare instructions to your needs.
Explanation of microdermabrasion
We will explain the microdermabrasion procedure, its benefits, and how it works so that you will know what to expect. Based on the assessment of your skin and your specific concerns, we will provide you with realistic expectations for the microdermabrasion treatment. We’ll explain the improvements you can anticipate, the number of sessions recommended, and the interval between treatments. We will also inform you of any potential side effects or downtime associated with the procedure.
Customised treatment plan
Taking into account your skin analysis, concerns, and expectations, we will develop a personalised treatment plan for you. We’ll discuss the recommended number of sessions, the intervals between treatments, and any complementary or additional procedures that may enhance the results.
Before proceeding with microdermabrasion, we will provide you with pre-treatment instructions. This may include avoiding certain skincare products, sun exposure, or other activities that could interfere with the procedure’s effectiveness or increase the risk of complications.
Microdermabrasion costs in Gold Coast and Brisbane
Costs can be influenced by:
- The type of skin concern/s being treated. Different skin concerns can require slightly different detailed treatment steps and varying treatment times.
- The specific treatment area. The area being treated, plus the size of the area can influence your total costs.
- The number of sessions. The number of microdermabrasion sessions required to achieve the desired results can influence the overall cost. Depending on your skin condition and goals, multiple sessions may be necessary.
To receive a personalised quote for the costs of your treatment, please book your consultation at either our Gold Coast, Brisbane or Ipswich locations.
After your treatment, your skin may be sensitive, slightly flushed, and feel similar to windburn or chafing. This is quite normal.
We will provide you with personalised advice on how to take care of your treated skin after microdermabrasion. Typically, aftercare instructions include to:
- Avoid advanced AHA’s and BHA’s, Retin A, and exfoliators for at least five days post-treatment.
- Use aftercare serums/creams and gentle cleansers for three to five days post-treatment (as the technician prescribes).
- Avoid hot showers, spas, pools, saunas or exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for a minimum of one week post-treatment.
- Avoid broad spectrum SPF 30+ or 50+ daily.
- Avoid waxing or threading post-treated areas for at least seven days.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call Esteem Clinic on 1300 693 783
Risks and complications
- Skin irritation:After microdermabrasion, you may experience temporary skin redness, sensitivity, or irritation. This usually subsides within a few hours to a day, but in some cases, it may persist longer.
- Dryness and tightness: Microdermabrasion can temporarily cause dryness and tightness in the treated skin. It is essential to moisturise the skin adequately and follow post-treatment care instructions provided by your dermal therapist to minimise these effects.
- Increased sensitivity: Following microdermabrasion, your skin may become more sensitive to sunlight. It is crucial to use sun protection measures, such as wearing sunscreen and avoiding excessive sun exposure, to prevent sunburn and potential skin damage.
- Bruising:In rare cases, microdermabrasion can lead to bruising, particularly if the skin is treated aggressively or if the individual is prone to bruising. This risk is higher for individuals with sensitive skin or those who are taking blood-thinning medications.
- Infection:Although extremely rare, there is a slight risk of infection associated with microdermabrasion. It is essential to ensure that the equipment used during the procedure is properly sterilised and that the treated area is kept clean and protected to minimise the risk of infection.
- Allergic reactions:Some individuals may have an allergic reaction to the products used during or after the microdermabrasion procedure. It is important to inform your dermal therapist about any known allergies to avoid potential adverse reactions.
- Skin discolouration:In very rare cases, microdermabrasion can cause temporary or permanent skin discolouration, especially in individuals with darker skin tones. Discussing your skin type and potential risks with your dermal therapist before undergoing the procedure is crucial.
What should I expect from the treatment?
Downtime is minimal, if any and some redness may occur; however, most redness will subside within 24 hours.
The procedure is available as an express (30min) or deluxe (45min) treatment, plus a pre-treatment consultation process, where your dermal therapist will explain the procedure, confirm your suitability, and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
What can I expect regarding my results?
Regular treatments are recommended to ensure continued improvements and maximum benefit from at-home skincare products (ability to absorb and have an effect).
Who is not suitable for the treatment?
The following people are not suitable for microdermabrasion. Anyone who:
- Has sunburn on the face, neck or décolletage
- Has rosacea
- Has eczema, dermatitis or severe telangiectasia
- Has had anti-wrinkle injections within the past 24 hours and filler injections within the past two days
- Has a healing tattoo on the treatment area
- Uses cortisone regularly
Your Esteem Clinic therapist will confirm your suitability during the consultation process.
Awards and Recognition
Esteem has been awarded Best Aesthetic Practice Queensland for three consecutive years, by the prestigious “My Face My Body Awards”. In 2018, Esteem was extremely proud to have been recognised as the Best Aesthetic Practice in Australia. Esteem was also honoured to have been entered into the “My Face My Body” Hall of Fame in 2018. These prestigious industry awards are testiment to the group’s ongoing commitment to delivering advanced aesthetic techniques and the latest in anti-ageing technology.