Anti-Ageing Injections Gold Coast, Brisbane & Ipswich
An award-winning, highly qualified, and experienced team.
They can also be effective as a preventative measure to reduce the formation of new fine lines and wrinkles.
At Esteem Clinic, we recognise that every face is unique, and every client has their own individual aesthetic goals. Our team of qualified, experienced cosmetic injectors are trained by Plastic Surgeon Dr Terrence Scamp. Before any treatment, you will have a complimentary consultation to discuss your concerns, treatment suitability and aesthetic goals.
Esteem Clinic uses high quality anti-ageing injectable products. For over 25 years, we have been performing anti-ageing injections with a patient-centred approach, tailoring the treatment to each person’s individual needs.
In the Spotlight
How wrinkle relaxers work
The injections work by blocking the chemical signal that the brain sends to the muscle, telling the muscle to contract. When the targeted underlying muscles in the desired treatment area are relaxed, they will not frequently contract, which will reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the skin.
What areas can be treated with anti-ageing injections?
- Forehead Lines
- Crow’s Feet
- Frown Lines
- Masseters (jaw muscles)
- Nefertiti Neck lift
- Lines on top and sides of the nasal bridge
- Top Lip
- Nasolabial Folds (from the edges of the nose to the outer corner of the mouth)
- Marionette Lines (from the corner of the mouth down to the jaw)
- Gummy Smile
- Excessive Sweating (hyperhidrosis)
The treatment: What to expect
The procedure is usually quick, typically requiring only 10 to 15 minutes, plus a pre-treatment consultation process where your registered nurse cosmetic injector will explain the procedure, assess your suitability, and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Depending on your needs, the treatment can be performed on a variety of areas on the face. You may be able to treat multiple areas of the face within one session.
After your appointment, you will need to come in for a post-treatment check, usually about two weeks after the treatment date. This is so that we can check that the right dosage was used.
Your consultation at Esteem Clinic
During your consultation, we will discuss your ultimate treatment goals and ideal results, and assess your desired treatment area to see how deep the wrinkles or lines are. After determining how much product you may need, we will create a treatment plan that you are happy with. We will also ask you some questions to assess if you are a suitable candidate for the treatment. The reason that we need to make sure that you are suitable for treatment is to ensure that you can achieve ideal results and prevent any complications.
We will then provide you with some preparation and aftercare advice, and a treatment costs estimate.
Anti-ageing injections costs in Gold Coast, Brisbane & Ipswich
The main factor that will determine your costs is the amount of wrinkle relaxer you will need. We measure wrinkle relaxers in millilitres.
Your individual treatment plan and therefore the amount of product you will need can be influenced by several factors:
- Specific treatment area
The specific area of the face or body being treated will influence the cost. Common areas for anti-ageing injections include the forehead, frown lines (between the eyebrows), and crow’s feet (around the eyes). Treating larger areas or multiple areas may require more product.
- Severity of wrinkles
The severity of wrinkles or fine lines being addressed plays a role in determining the treatment plan. Deep or pronounced wrinkles may require higher doses of anti-ageing product or additional treatment sessions.
- Muscle strength and activity
The strength and activity of the facial or neck muscles being targeted can impact the treatment plan. Individuals with stronger muscles may require higher doses of the product or more frequent treatments to achieve the desired results.
- Desired outcome
The desired outcome of the individual can influence the treatment plan and subsequently the cost. Some individuals may prefer a more natural look with fewer wrinkles, while others may opt for a more dramatic or complete reduction in wrinkles. The desired outcome can determine the amount of product needed and the number of treatment sessions required, affecting the overall cost.
- Maintenance and follow-up treatments
Anti-ageing injections typically provide temporary results that last for a certain period of time, differing from person to person. Depending on individual preferences and the longevity of the chosen product, maintenance treatments or follow-up sessions may be necessary. These additional treatments will incur additional costs.
For a breakdown of your personalised procedure costs, you will need to come into the clinic for a consultation and discuss the details of your treatment plan. You can book at either our Gold Coast, Brisbane or Ipswich locations.
You will generally see results within three days, with optimum results after two weeks. The wrinkle relaxers effect can last up to four months, after which patients will need top-up treatments to maintain their results in the longer term.
Post Treatment Care
You will have your own list of instructions provided to you during your consultation. The details of your aftercare can be influenced by the specific treatment area you have chosen, your lifestyle and other personal factors, so we will give you a personalised list to follow to ensure the best recovery.
Generally, post-treatment care for wrinkle relaxers includes the following instructions:
- Do not massage the area that has been injected. This will be done at the time of treatment if needed.
- If needed, you can take pain medication but do not take blood-thinning anti-inflammatories.
- Bruising and/or swelling may make the site look uneven initially. If there is still asymmetry at two weeks, this can be discussed in your review. If additional filler is required, extra costs may apply.
- Avoid physical activity, alcohol and caffeine for 24 hours following treatment.
- Do not expose yourself to extreme heat for two weeks.
- If you have been treated with dermal filler in your lips, avoid very hot or cold beverages for 24 hours.
- If your cheeks have been treated, avoid sleeping on your side for a few days.
- No laser, IPL, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, facials, or facial waxing for two weeks after treatment.
- Results from treatment may take up to 14 days to take full effect.
- Do NOT lie down for four hours after treatment. This is to avoid the risk of pressure on the treated areas (from your pillow) and to avoid the risk of having the area rubbed accidentally.
- Be assured that any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours. If you need to apply makeup within four hours after your treatment, only use a GENTLE touch to avoid rubbing the treated area.
If you have any questions or concerns after your treatment, please contact Esteem Clinic on 1300 693 783
Risks and complications
- Bruising: Bruising at the injection site is a common side effect. It usually resolves on its own within a few days to a week but may be more noticeable in some individuals.
- Swelling: Mild to moderate swelling can occur at the injection site, however, it typically subsides within a few hours to a few days.
- Redness and pain: Temporary redness and discomfort at the injection site may occur but will usually resolve quite fast.
- Allergic reactions: While rare, some individuals may experience an allergic reaction to the anti-ageing product or its components. Symptoms may include rash, itching, hives, swelling, or difficulty breathing. Allergic reactions require immediate medical attention, so if you think you may be experiencing an allergic reaction, please don’t hesitate to seek medical advice.
- Infection: Although rare, there is a slight risk of infection at the injection site. It is crucial to ensure that the injection is performed in a sterile environment using clean equipment, which our team takes very seriously.
- Muscle weakness or paralysis: Anti-ageing injections work by temporarily weakening or paralysing the targeted muscles. In rare cases, nearby muscles can be affected, resulting in temporary weakness or drooping that usually resolves within a few weeks.
- Ptosis: Injections around the eyes carry a small risk of causing ptosis, which is drooping or sagging of the eyelid. It is usually temporary but may last a few weeks to several months in some cases.
- Headache: Some individuals may experience a temporary headache following the injections. This is typically mild and resolves without intervention, but you may be able to take pain medication (non-blood-thinning) to manage this until it subsides.
- Numbness or tingling: In rare cases, individuals may experience temporary numbness or tingling at the injection site. This usually resolves on its own.
- Asymmetrical results: Occasionally, there may be slight asymmetry in the results or the desired outcome may not be fully achieved. This can happen due to variations in facial anatomy or individual response to the treatment.
Some of these complications may require follow-up treatments to address if they do occur. As we mentioned above, our team will provide you with personalised advice on how to prevent these complications from occurring and support ideal results.
Anti-Ageing Injections Before & After
Anti-Ageing Injections (forehead)
Anti-Ageing Injections (frown lines)
Who is not suitable for anti-ageing injections?
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding;
- Those hypersensitive to product ingredients,
- Those who are currently taking antibiotics
- Anyone with an active infection at the injection site;
- Anyone who has Myasthenia Gravis or Eaton Lambert Syndrome.
- The treatment may be less effective for people over 60 due to poorer muscle tone.