Just a few years ago, if you wanted to make aesthetic changes to your nose, your options were limited to a surgical procedure known as rhinoplasty. However, that has all changed with the introduction of injectable fillers.
A non-surgical rhinoplasty, also known as an injectable rhinoplasty, or liquid rhinoplasty, has the capability to make minor to moderate adjustments to your nose in just 15 minutes, provided the procedure is performed by a qualified practitioner.
It is extremely important to point out that the nose is a particularly delicate and tricky area of the face. In terms of what’s risky to inject, the nose ranks up there as the most dangerous. This is because the blood supply to the nose is quite weak, particularly in noses that have already undergone previous surgery. So please be aware that this isn’t a procedure you want to shop around for. Speak to your practitioner about their experience with non-surgical nose jobs—and be sure they outline all the potential risks.
At Esteem Clinic, we understand the importance of individuality when it comes to facial features, and we respect the unique aesthetic goals of each of our clients. Our team consists of skilled and knowledgeable cosmetic injectors who have received extensive training from the renowned Plastic Surgeon Dr Terrence Scamp. Prior to undergoing any non-surgical rhinoplasty treatment, we require all clients to participate in a complimentary consultation where we will assess the appropriateness of the procedure for you and discuss your desired results. You can choose from our Gold Coast, Brisbane or Ipswich locations.
In the Spotlight
How non-surgical rhinoplasty works
Nose filler injections incorporate hyaluronic acid (HA), a substance naturally found in the skin that plays a vital role in maintaining its structural integrity, moisture retention, and elasticity.
These injections are utilised to make aesthetic adjustments to the facial profile, treat bumps and irregularities, improve the alignment of angular features, and elevate a sagging nasal tip. By utilising nose fillers, we can effectively reshape the nose according to the patient’s personal preferences and in a way that maintains facial balance.
The procedure: What to expect
During the procedure, the nose is thoroughly cleansed and a topical anaesthetic may be applied to minimise discomfort. The nose filler is then injected strategically into specific areas of the nose to achieve the desired results. The injector will carefully determine the placement and quantity of filler required based on your individual needs.
The filler is skilfully injected beneath the skin, adding volume, reshaping contours and smoothing out irregularities. It can be used to address concerns such as a droopy tip, a dorsal hump, or asymmetry.
One of the advantages of injectable rhinoplasty is its versatility. It allows for precise adjustments to be made during the treatment, according to each patient’s needs.
The nose filler procedure takes around 15 to 30 minutes. The level of pain experienced is really dependent on the individual. The injections themselves feel like a slight pinch. And as the nose filler product is being injected, you may experience slight pressure or a ‘stinging’ sensation.
Although the needle used is very small, slight bruising and bleeding can occur at the site of the injections. You can choose to have your practitioner apply or inject a local anaesthetic to reduce any discomfort.
After the procedure, patients may experience mild swelling, redness, or bruising, but these effects typically subside within a few days. There is usually minimal downtime associated with non-surgical rhinoplasty, and most individuals can resume their regular activities shortly after the treatment.
Your injectable rhinoplasty consultation
It is very important to have a pre-treatment consultation. During this consultation, your registered nurse cosmetic injector will explain the procedure, assess your suitability, answer any questions or concerns you may have, and set expectations.
The purpose of your consultation is also to personalise your procedure to achieve your desired results, help you to understand what is involved in the procedure, explain preparation and aftercare tips, outline risks and complications and estimate your total treatment costs.
Your consultation will be complimentary, allowing you to then make an informed decision as to whether or not you want to come back to the clinic and undergo the procedure.
Injectable rhinoplasty costs in Gold Coast, Brisbane and Ipswich
During your complimentary consultation, we will assess your individual needs and develop a personalised treatment plan, which will determine the estimated costs for your nose filler procedure. The main factor influencing the costs is the amount of filler required, which is measured in millilitres.
Several factors can influence your treatment plan and the amount of filler needed:
Specific aesthetic adjustments
The specific adjustments needed to address your specific concerns will affect the treatment plan. You may require higher volumes of filler or additional sessions to achieve the desired outcome.
Individual anatomy: Each person’s facial structure and nasal anatomy are unique. The amount of filler required may depend on factors such as the thickness of your skin, underlying bone structure, and existing nasal features.
Your desired aesthetic goals will influence the treatment plan and, subsequently, the costs. Some individuals prefer subtle refinements, while others desire more significant changes. The desired outcome can determine the amount of filler needed and the number of treatment sessions required.
Maintenance and follow-up treatments
Non-surgical rhinoplasty results are temporary, as the filler gradually breaks down over time. Maintenance treatments or follow-up sessions may be necessary to maintain the desired results. These additional treatments will incur additional costs.
To receive a comprehensive breakdown of the costs specific to your procedure, we recommend scheduling a consultation at our clinic. During the consultation, we will evaluate your needs, discuss your treatment plan in detail, and provide you with an accurate estimate of the costs involved.
Post Treatment Care
You will receive a list of personalised recovery instructions that particularly take the details of your individualised procedure into consideration. Your recovery steps will help you minimise complications, prevent risks and have a more efficient recovery.
General aftercare instructions include:
- Please refrain from massaging the injected area, as it will be addressed during the treatment if necessary.
- Initially, bruising and/or swelling may cause temporary unevenness at the injection site. If any asymmetry persists after two weeks, we can discuss it during your follow-up appointment. Additional filler may be required, and extra charges may apply.
- It is advisable to avoid engaging in physical activities or consuming alcohol and caffeine for 24 hours following the treatment.
- For a period of two weeks after the procedure, it is recommended to avoid exposure to extreme heat.
- Refrain from undergoing laser treatments, IPL (Intense Pulsed Light), microdermabrasion, chemical peels, facials, and facial waxing for two weeks following the treatment.
- Please note that it may take up to 14 days for the full effects of the treatment to become evident.
- It is important not to lie down for four hours after the procedure to minimise pressure on the treated areas (especially from your pillow) and to prevent accidental rubbing of the area.
- Any temporary bumps or marks should fade within a few hours. If you need to apply makeup within four hours after your treatment, please do so gently to avoid rubbing the treated area.
Risks and Complications
Some of the potential risks and complications associated with non-surgical rhinoplasty include:
- Bruising and swelling: After the procedure, bruising and swelling are common and typically resolve within a few days. However, in some cases, they may persist for longer periods.
- Infection: Although rare, there is a small risk of infection at the injection site. It is crucial to maintain proper hygiene and follow post-treatment care instructions to minimise this risk.
- Allergic reactions: Some individuals may experience an allergic reaction to the dermal filler used. It is essential to inform your healthcare provider about any known allergies or previous adverse reactions to dermal fillers.
- Vascular complications: Injecting dermal fillers in the nose carries a potential risk of damaging blood vessels. This can lead to skin necrosis (tissue death) or even blindness in rare cases. Experienced and skilled practitioners are trained to minimise this risk.
- Asymmetry or undesired results: Non-surgical rhinoplasty aims to improve the appearance of the nose according to the patient’s preferences, but it may not always achieve the desired results. There is a possibility of asymmetry or dissatisfaction with the outcome. It is crucial to have realistic expectations and communicate your goals clearly with your injector.
- Migration or lumpiness: There is a small risk of filler migration, where the injected filler may shift from its intended position over time. This can lead to irregularities or lumpiness in the treated area.
- Necrosis: In extremely rare cases, the blood supply to the skin may be compromised, leading to tissue necrosis. This can cause scarring or changes in skin texture.
- Longevity and maintenance: Non-surgical rhinoplasty results are temporary as the dermal filler gradually breaks down. To maintain the desired outcome, repeat treatments are usually required at regular intervals.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty before & afters
What can I expect from my non-surgical rhinoplasty results?
One of the advantages of nose filler treatments is that the results are instant. Within a 15 to 30-minute treatment, you will have achieved your desired changes, provided that your expectations are realistic when it comes to what can be addressed with nose fillers.
How long will my results last?
However, please note that the duration depends on many factors, such as your individual skin type, skin condition, lifestyle and age – as well as the type and amount of product used. After the initial treatment, follow-up sessions are normally recommended around every 18 months depending on the individual and the product used.
Who is not suitable for injectable rhinoplasty?
Does a liquid rhinoplasty hurt?
How long will my procedure take?
Can I resume my daily routine straight after the procedure?
Awards and Recognition
Esteem has been awarded Best Aesthetic Practice Queensland for three consecutive years, by the prestigious “My Face My Body Awards”. In 2018, Esteem was extremely proud to have been recognised as the Best Aesthetic Practice in Australia. Esteem was also honoured to have been entered into the “My Face My Body” Hall of Fame in 2018. These prestigious industry awards are testiment to the group’s ongoing commitment to delivering advanced aesthetic techniques and the latest in anti-ageing technology.