Limelight IPL is an innovative, non-invasive treatment that uses intense pulses of light to target pigment, redness and broken capillaries, visibly improving the effects of sun-damage and aging. IPL doesn’t affect the surface of the skin and therefore has significantly less discomfort and downtime than laser resurfacing treatments.
At Esteem Clinic, we recognise that every face is unique, and every client has their own individual aesthetic goals. Our team of highly qualified, experienced dermal therapists and skin specialists are the best in their field. Before any treatment, you will have a complimentary consultation to discuss your concerns, treatment suitability and aesthetic goals.
Esteem Clinic prides itself on utilising the highest quality, medical grade skincare available worldwide, and the latest in skin treatment technology. For over 25 years, Esteem Clinic has been performing skin care treatments, so you can be assured that your treatment is performed by a highly qualified, experienced practitioner.
In the Spotlight
How it works
Limelight IPL (by Cutera) is an innovative, non-invasive treatment that uses intense pulses of light to target pigment, redness and broken capillaries, visibly improving the effects of sun-damage and aging.
IPL doesn’t affect the surface of the skin and therefore has significantly less discomfort and downtime than laser resurfacing treatments.
Please note – there are multiple brands of IPL machines on the market, however they are not all created equal. At Esteem Clinic Gold Coast, we have invested in the top of the line Cutera Limelight IPL with the additional handpiece which also treats discrete vessels, red spots and brown spots.
Esteem Clinic’s Limelight IPL is a sophisticated, medical grade IPL machine made in the USA.
The Limelight IPL is unique in being able to choose three different wavelength spectrums to accurately tailor the treatment to your skin type, and to target either red, brown, or red and brown pigments.
At Esteem Clinic, Limelight IPL is most commonly used on the face, neck, décolletage, arms and hands, but it can be used on any area of the body.
A complimentary consultation is the best place to ask all of your skin related questions and concerns.
What to expect
Firstly your dermal clinician will cleanse the areas to be treated. Then the IPL device is placed over the treatment area.
As each pulse of light is delivered, you may experience a mild pinching or stinging sensation, however no numbing agent is required.
Downtime is minimal if any and some redness may occur, however most redness will subside within 24 hours.
Limelight IPL is very effective at treating:
- Uneven pigmentation and skin tone
- Brown spots (Freckles, solar lentigines, age spots)
- “Broken” capillaries and dilated blood vessels
- Redness (including acne rosacea and poikiloderma)
Results are most noticeable 3 weeks post treatment.
Who is not suitable?
The following people are not suitable for Limelight IPL. Anyone who:
- Is pregnant or breastfeeding
- Has epilepsy
- Has a history of light sensitive rashes
- Is using or has used Roaccutane in the last six months
- Has a recent tan or active sunburn
- Has had fake tan in the past two weeks
- Has tattoos at the treatment area
- Is taking medications causing light sensitivity
- Has Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) due to light sensitivity
- Has skin cancers or suspicious lesions
Your Esteem Clinic therapist will confirm your suitability during the consultation process.
Post Treatment Care
– Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage.
– Bruising, redness and swelling are common and resolve with time.
– Treated pigment will turn darker (brown to black) within 24-48 hours.
– Do not pick at treated areas.
– Treated pigment will exfoliate off the face in approximately 1 week.
– Treated pigment will exfoliate off the body in approximately 2-3 weeks.
– Avoid heat – hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days.
– Avoid skin irritant (examples below) a few days post-treatment:
– Products containing Tretinoin, Retinol, Benzoyl Peroxide, Glycolic/Salyclic acids and astringents etc.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call Esteem Clinic on 1300 693 783
Before & Afters
Awards and Recognition
Esteem has been awarded Best Aesthetic Practice Queensland for three consecutive years, by the prestigious “My Face My Body Awards”. In 2018, Esteem was extremely proud to have been recognised as the Best Aesthetic Practice in Australia. Esteem was also honoured to have been entered into the “My Face My Body” Hall of Fame in 2018. These prestigious industry awards are testiment to the group’s ongoing commitment to delivering advanced aesthetic techniques and the latest in anti-ageing technology.