Achieve smooth, plump, kissable lips with premium filler and an expert injector.
One of Esteem Clinic’s most popular treatments for lips is injectable filler (also known as dermal filler). Both women and men are recognising the dramatic transformation a plumper, sexier pout can make to their overall appearance.
Not only can lip fillers enhance the overall volume of your lips, they can also be used to define your lip line, and minimise the lines above and below the lips, which are exaggerated when pursing.
At Esteem Clinic, we recognise that every face is unique, and every client has their own individual aesthetic lip goals. Our team of highly qualified, experienced cosmetic injectors are trained under world-renowned Plastic Surgeon Dr Terrence Scamp. Before any treatment, you will have a complimentary consultation to discuss your concerns, treatment suitability and your desired outcome.
Esteem Clinic prides itself on utilising the highest quality lip filler injectable products available worldwide. For over 25 years, Esteem Clinic has been performing cosmetic injectables, so you can be assured that your treatment is performed by a highly qualified, experienced injector.
In the Spotlight
How it works
Lip filler injections contain hyaluronic acid (HA) – a naturally occurring substance (sugar molecule) in the skin that stabilises its structure, attracts and binds water, and improves elasticity. Lip fillers revitalise and add volume to the treated area instantly by boosting this naturally occurring substance.
Esteem’s lip filler treatments utilise products by leading industry suppliers, Galderma and Allergan, who have provided effective, well-tolerated and the highest quality of products globally for over 30 years.
What to expect
The level of pain experienced is really dependent on the individual. The injections themselves feel like a slight pinch. And as the lip filler product is being injected, you may experience slight pressure or a ‘stinging’ sensation.
Although the needle used is very small, slight bruising and bleeding can occur at the site of the injections. You can choose to have your lips numbed with a topical numbing cream, and if it is your first lip filler treatment, we recommend doing so to reduce any discomfort.
The lip filler procedure takes around 30 minutes.
It is very important to have a pre-treatment consultation. During this consultation, your registered nurse cosmetic injector will explain the procedure, assess your suitability, answer any questions or concerns you may have, and set expectations.
At Esteem Clinic we pride ourselves on delivering a plumper, fuller, kissable and natural-looking pout.
You will see immediate results with lip filler treatment, however it is important to note that your lips will be swollen. The degree of swelling varies from person to person. It is recommended not to have lip filler done if you have an important event a few days post treatment.
Typically it takes about 4 weeks for the lip filler to settle in and achieve the final, desired look.
Whilst every body is different, generally speaking, lip filler can last up to 6 months.
Who is not suitable?
The following people are not suitable candidates for lip filler injections:
- Those under 18 years of age
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding;
- Those hypersensitive to product ingredients, specifically hyaluronic acid, lidocaine, amide-type local anaesthetics and strep type-A gram-positive bacterial proteins;
- Anyone with an active infection at the injection site;
- Anyone who has a cold, flu, sinusitis, UTI;
- Anyone who has a history of hypertrophic scarring;
- Anyone who has had major dental work in the last 4 weeks, or is scheduled to do so in the next 4 weeks;
- Anyone who has Rhinoplasty surgery.
Please contact Esteem Clinic for further information and clarification.
Post Treatment Care
– Do not massage the area that has been injected, this will be done at the time of treatment if needed.
– If needed, Panadol is fine for mild discomfort, do not take Nurofen, Aspirin or blood thinning anti-inflammatories.
– Bruising and/or swelling may make the site look uneven initially. If there is still asymmetry at 2 weeks, this can be discussed at your review. If additional filler is required extra costs may apply.
– Avoid physical activity, alcohol and caffeine for 24 hours following treatment.
– Do not expose yourself to extreme heat for 2 weeks.
– If you have been treated with dermal filler in your lips, avoid very hot or cold beverages for 24 hours.
– If your cheeks have been treated, avoid sleeping on your side for a few days.
– No laser, IPL, microdermabrasion’s, chemical peels, facials, facial waxing for 2 weeks after treatment.
– Results from treatment may take up to 14 days to take full effect.
– Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after treatment. This is to avoid the risk of pressure on the treated areas (from your pillow) and to avoid the risk of having the area rubbed accidentally.
– Be assured that any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours. If you need to apply make-up within 4 hours after your treatment, only use a GENTLE touch to avoid rubbing the treated area.
If you have any questions or concerns please call Esteem Clinic on 1300 693 783
Before & Afters
Awards and Recognition
Esteem has been awarded Best Aesthetic Practice Queensland for three consecutive years, by the prestigious “My Face My Body Awards”. In 2018, Esteem was extremely proud to have been recognised as the Best Aesthetic Practice in Australia. Esteem was also honoured to have been entered into the “My Face My Body” Hall of Fame in 2018. These prestigious industry awards are testiment to the group’s ongoing commitment to delivering advanced aesthetic techniques and the latest in anti-ageing technology.