Fat Dissolving Injections
Esteem Clinic is proud to offer its clients a clinically proven, non-surgical procedure to remove the unwanted fat underneath the chin, often referred to as a “double chin”.
Esteem’s fat dissolving injections are a non-surgical solution to eliminating stubborn fat cells that do not respond to diet and exercise. This treatment is safe and effective in removing moderate to severe ‘submental’ fat (the fat found under the chin), helping to contour the jawline and sculpt the chin.
In the Spotlight
How it works
Fat dissolving injections target and effectively reduce the small and stubborn fat pocket under the chin, providing a tight and more sculpted appearance. The treatment is often described as ‘non-surgical liposuction’ because of its effective ability to reduce fat without surgery.
The injections dissolve and eliminate the fat cells within that area.
Once the targeted fat cells are eliminated from the body, fat can no longer be stored in the injected area, and fat tissue under the chin is reduced.
What to expect
The injections may sting for a few seconds, and in most instances we will use a numbing agent to reduce discomfort. Treatment time lasts for 30-60 minutes, plus a consultation time.
It is likely that you will experience some discomfort, bruising and swelling of the treated area for a number of days, so we advise to allow a 3 day social downtime period following your treatment. You will able to resume daily activities shortly after your treatment, with the exception of avoiding exercise for a few days.
A review appointment is required two weeks after treatment.
You should avoid microdermabrasion, chemical peels and needling in the area for at least 3 months post treatment.
A significant reduction in the submental fat underneath your chin, achieving a more sculpted, aesthetically pleasing appearance. This submental fat is usually caused by ageing, genetics or weight gain and unfortunately, diet and exercise often does little to remove it. So the removal of this fat is often a very liberating experience for clients.
Chin sculpting results are usually seen after two treatments, four to six weeks apart. Keep in mind these results will vary from person to person.
Who is not suitable?
The following people are not suitable candidates for chin sculpting, fat dissolving injections. Anyone who is:
- Is under the age of 18
- Has diabetes with vascular disease
- Has a soybean allergy or hypersensitivity to ingredients in the formulation
- Has an infection in the treatment area
- Is pregnant or breastfeeding
- Has an auto-immune disorder
- Has serious liver/renal disease
- Has an acute infection and chronic infection risk
- Has coagulation defects
- Has keloid scarring
- Taking Roaccutane
It is necessary that you have a complimentary consultation to assess your suitability for this treatment.
Post Treatment Care
- Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after treatment
- Avoid rubbing or massaging the treated areas for 24 hours after your treatment
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours after your treatment
- Avoid facials or saunas for 24 hours after your treatment
- If pain relief is required, Panadol is acceptable. Avoid Nurofen, Aspiring or blood thinning anti-inflammatories as they can increase bruising
- Lumps in treated areas are expected
- Results of the treatment may take up to 4 weeks to take effect
- Swelling is expected and can last up to 6 weeks
- A 6 week follow up appointment is advised for all clients to ensure results have been achieved and to discuss further treatment if required
- In the event of extreme swelling or discomfort, please get in contact with the clinic asap.
If you have any questions or concerns after your treatment, please call Esteem Clinic on 1300 693 783
Before & Afters
Awards and Recognition
Esteem has been awarded Best Aesthetic Practice Queensland for three consecutive years, by the prestigious “My Face My Body Awards”. In 2018, Esteem was extremely proud to have been recognised as the Best Aesthetic Practice in Australia. Esteem was also honoured to have been entered into the “My Face My Body” Hall of Fame in 2018. These prestigious industry awards are testiment to the group’s ongoing commitment to delivering advanced aesthetic techniques and the latest in anti-ageing technology.